Additive Manufacturing and Bioprinting
Dr. Mota research interests are focused on application of bioprinting and additive manufacturing techniques for the development of tissue and organ-like constructs. Examples of the current bioprinting research activities are the development of a nephron bioprinted model and a bioprinted thyroid model. Novel additive manufacturing technologies and tissue regeneration therapies for bone are also part of his recent research activities within the H2020 FAST project. Middle ear tissue engineering approached and more specifically the creation of scaffold for the regeneration of the tympanic membrane scaffold are being by Dr. Mota within the Euronanomed III 4nanoEARDRM project.
- Mota, C.; Milazzo, M.; Panetta, D.; Trombi, L.; Gramigna, V.; Salvadori, P. A.; Giannotti, S.; Bruschini, L.; Stefanini, C.; Moroni, L.et al. 3D fiber deposited polymeric scaffolds for external auditory canal wall. J Mater Sci Mater Med 2018, 29 (5), 63, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29736776/
- Ooi, H. W.; Mota, C.; Ten Cate, A. T.; Calore, A.; Moroni, L.; Baker, M. B. Thiol-Ene Alginate Hydrogels as Versatile Bioinks for Bioprinting. Biomacromolecules 2018, 19 (8), 3390, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29939754
- Mota, C.; Wang, S. Y.; Puppi, D.; Gazzarri, M.; Migone, C.; Chiellini, F.; Chen, G. Q.; Chiellini, E. Additive manufacturing of poly[(R)-3-hydroxybutyrate-co-(R)-3-hydroxyhexanoate] scaffolds for engineered bone development. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2017, 11 (1), 175, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24889107
- Mota, C.; Puppi, D.; Chiellini, F.; Chiellini, E. Additive manufacturing techniques for the production of tissue engineering constructs. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2015, 9 (3), 174, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23172792
- Mota, C.; Danti, S.; D'Alessandro, D.; Trombi, L.; Ricci, C.; Puppi, D.; Dinucci, D.; Milazzo, M.; Stefanini, C.; Chiellini, F.et al. Multiscale fabrication of biomimetic scaffolds for tympanic membrane tissue engineering. Biofabrication 2015, 7 (2), 025005, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25947357